Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Friends of the Seattle Public Library Book Sale





The Seattle Public library has a book sale twice a year. It is wonderful and not to be missed! It is held in an old airplane hanger and it is filled to the brim with books, all kinds of books. I just love going to it and I almost forgot about it yesterday! Most books are $1.00. I bought these Children's books for the wonderful illustrations. I also got some old 1930's engineering books I can cut up for my collages. I can't wait to go back in the fall. I wish I could show you some of the insides of these books, but I think its against copyrite laws. I love the book by Giselle Potter. I researched her on Amazon and found more books illustrated by her. Now I have ordered two more. Books are so addicting!

5 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Tara!
Oh! how fun! do you know when the sale is in the fall? i might have to plan a trip to seattle!
:) Melissa

Kim Carney said...

did it all ready happen!!!!! oh, I am so behind in everything. Call me if you get a chance today
Kim

celeste said...

ack! i missed it.

Mary Stanley said...

GREAT finds! I LOVE children's books too!
You should do one!!!I know we are not supposed to use the "should" word but hey....I'd buy your BOOK!!!!

Corey said...

Oh, I miss going with you!!! I've tried to find similar sales here and have had no luck...I have no good source for old children's books...Looks like you found some good stuff!