Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Probable Friends 2

Probable friend 2
By combining my painting with ceramics, I have created this whimsical art. I painted my original panting on gallery wrapped canvas. I hand made the ceramic button she is holding and attached it to the canvas by sewing the button on with waxed polyester thread. Waxed polyester thread is very sturdy and will not break. I get it from Teesha Moore and just love it!

You can purchse this original piece in my shop
xo...

5 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh tara!
i love the mix of your painting with a ceramic button!
wonderful!
xo
m

Mary Stanley said...

Love it!!! what a great idea...

Lenae May said...

I absolutely LOVE your style!!!
just wonderful!
Lenae

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the canvas and the button just adds another dimension.

Tara's Art Camp said...

thanks so much everyone!