Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Monday, July 12, 2010

What I am working on

I have been working on this piece all weekend. Well, not all, weekend, but I have re-worked it and re-worked it and I still am not quite happy with it. The good thing is,,,I can paint over it if I don't like it!
I wanted to paint on birch plywood,,, it has such a nice feel to it. Here are some photos that demonstrate leading up to what I have accomplished so far.

Step 1 - prepare the surface with molding paste and collage.

Step 2 - Gesso all over, let dry.


Step 3 - Paint with acrylic in random areas of the surface.


Step 4 - Add your art work. ... And keep adding..... until it makes you happy!!!

Tip = Use an old shower curtain liner to paint on, then you won't need to worry about getting paint on your floor!

So, I will keep working on this piece until it makes me happy!

xo...

5 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

Tara, OMG I am in love with this painting as it is right now! If you had a print of this I would buy it right now. It's absolutely incredible. Personally I wouldn't do another thing to it. This is my favorite piece of yours.....WOW!! Please let me know if you ever have a print or postcard of this image, it's really wonderful Funny enough I have been doing the subtle faces in the background of my paintings lately too(O:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Thank you so much Rebecca. How nice of you to say. Maybe I should re-think how I feel about the completion of this piece.

xo...

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love the eye in the background . . . great feature in the Mixed Media Stampington magazine by the way.

eulaliacornejo said...

beautiful! dear Tara, congratulations!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi tara!
oh my gosh!
it is fabulous and i love seeing it come to life!
xoxox
m