Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's cold, and I am rug hooking

It's cold here in Seattle, about 38 degrees last time I checked. This kind of weather brings me indoors instead of outside in my studio. I love rug hooking in the winter, its just more tactile, and I can do it in front of the TV and my cozy fireplace. So, this is how I get started...

I draw a pattern I like first, it is inspired by one of my paintings. Then I draw it onto Monks cloth with a Sharpie pen.


Then I hook away. This doll took me a week to make. She is still waiting to be stuffed, as her sister is still on the rug hooking frame waiting to be created. They both have their bunny slippers on,,,of course!


I have a new etsy shop where I am beginning selling my whimsical rug hooking creations. She will be ready to go to a new home in a week or so. Or, just let me know if you are interested in her and I will hold her for you.

1 comment:

sMacThoughts said...

You are FULL of talent!