Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Simplicity

I usually use a lot of vibrant colors in my work. I really like the simplicity of this piece. I used minimal color, a monochromatic color scheme. I like this change. This little journal is half way finished. I work in it at night, I can bring it anywhere with me, and I don't have to be out in the studio to work on it. I am really enjoying watercolors. I mentioned before, that I find them more portable than carrying around my bottles of acrylic paint.
I hope you are having a great weekend!

8 comments:

nollyposh said...

~Fabulous~

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

These are wonderful... love the clean look & the "light and air" feel these colors give.
Great work again :]

Clare said...

i really like this piece. the colours are perfect.

Anonymous said...

I really like this, and the look of the journal too. And I love your use of colours too! ~ Sara

Tara's Art Camp said...

Thank you so much. Your comments inspire me!

Melanie Statnick said...

I love watercolours too . Worked with them for years. I like whats you've done here. Its nice to work on something Outside the studio view

joanna said...

Hi Tara! your newest follower here :) your work is beautiful and so is your blog!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Hi joanna, welcome! and thank you for saying so!