Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012


(click to make image larger)
I have a small sketchbook that I carry around with me in my purse. It measures about 5 x 3 inches. I use it to paint in when the inspiration hits me. Good for the wait at the doctor's office, the car mechanic, or even breaks at work. I use Peerless watercolors which are strips of paper with watercolor on them, all you do is wet them, and you have instant watercolors. I also carry around a Pitt pen and some graphite. The paper in this book is a little thin, but I don't mind. I could add some collaged papers to make it thicker....hmmmm...

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Your work is beautiful. I love that you work while waiting in the Dr.'s office. It gives me ideas. I could make a lot of art in the 2 hrs. I sit and wait in my Dr.'s office.

lee said...

I love your work and your use of color

Unknown said...

So beautiful...as always. For the Sketchbook project, whose notebook was NOT suitable for my acrylics...I gesso 'ed' the whole book before I started. Gave the paper the tooth I needed.

Gollywobbles said...

You are so inspiring...I have those watercolors and never think to take them with me....will have to make a little pack to grab as I run out the door. Lovely work!