Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Monday, April 9, 2012

A compulation

People always ask me if I have an idea of what I want to paint before I start. My answer is usually no. I sit down and paint whatever comes to mind. These paintings were a little different in that I did have an idea I wanted to express.
These were done at various times in my journal. I am never quite sure what to say about them. They do have meaning to me, but I can't put it in words. I think the first image was a painting I did when I felt overwhelmed,,, like being under water. But in a whimsical way,,,I never feel that way for too long.
The second image is about having challenges with time,,,,a friend on the east coast, me on the west coast. The three hours difference was always difficult for me and difficult for us to connect.
The last image is about having someone in your life, and well, the timing wasn't right, we were "just too late".

2 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

Despite all being separately strong, they all work together, and seem to describe a similar story. Love that underwater one!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Thank you so much Smac!